Monday, July 20, 2009

some kind of wonderful


"I lub ooo."
- Dawson, 19 months old


I have lots of pictures to share of a trip to the zoo and the older three kiddos riding bikes with Grandpa (presents for Parker's upcoming 4th birthday!) and a few other cute ones, coming soon! For now, just a brag on my Dawson. :)

Last Friday while sitting in the backyard watching the older three race around the playset, I perched Dawson up on the patio table in front of me and made faces and sounds with him for a few minutes, followed with a kiss and one of my hundred "I love you"s sent his way each day. He grinned, wrapped his arms around my neck and replied excitedly, "I lub ooo." Um, awwww?

He said it again in response to me the next day but yesterday morning takes first prize. After I rescued him from his crib in the morning, sat him down on the living room floor with some toys and laid down next to him, he stared at me with that all-consuming smile and I smiled back and dropped the three words again. He got very serious looking, cupped his chubby little hands around my chin and said softly, "Lub ooo" and leaned in and gave me a big open-mouthed kiss.

Really, what on earth did I do to deserve this little angel? And I wish I could figure out what it is I keep doing every day to continue to deserve him so I can make sure I never stop doing it, ever. ^_^

Some cute ones of Dawson and Em finally starting to play together. Loving silly faces and the last one where you know Em is thinking, Yeah, I kinda like that kid - don't tell him, okay? :)