Thursday, March 04, 2010

first steps


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Between the chaos of preparing for Cade's birthday party and two very runny noses, Saturday night Dawson finally let go of our hands and started off toward the land of Independence. He took three steps before he collapsed with laughter and my heart stung sweetly to the beat of each footfall, as I knew it would. He did this a few times before we called it a night and after a few repeat episodes, on Tuesday I walked into Cade and Parker's room to find him walking five feet across the middle of the room toward a waiting Macy. He was in happy hysterics all the way. ^_^

I of course rushed out and grabbed my video camera and then attempted to recreate the scene - only to find my video camera, like my poor Canon Rebel XTi, had called it quits. Pretty disappointing, but it made the decision for me on which camera to spring for and today I got a shiny new Rebel T2i along with a new 50mm f1.4, one of three lenses I sold when we were saving for a certain trip to Serbia. I absolutely love the new camera and oh how I missed that lens! Even the kit lens is half decent and the video is incredible compared to what I was using. Hopefully I am encouraged to get back to my usual habit of taking 100+ pics everyday heh! :)

It is a funny thing about good photographs; they seem to capture life not as we see it but as we can only wish we could - the most important subjects popping out from a background blurred toward the edges. I have six kids age 6 and under; life is far too real for me to always notice its beauty. So it's nice to have something that can notice for me, especially those oh so spectacular first steps.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket