Monday, January 04, 2010

two minutes in the life of...

Since some people seem to be incapable of moving on, I decided to take this 2 minute video this morning with my less-than-spectacular camcorder.

If you hope to understand the true feelings my post was intended to express, here is my challenge to you: turn up the volume on this clip until the grinding is about the equivalent of someone standing right beside you speaking. Play it over and over again for the next 4 hours. Give yourself a 1 1/2 hour break for naptime. Then play it over and over again for another 6 to 7 hours, conservatively, depending on bedtime. Now I'd like you to do that every single day for the next 6 1/2 months.



If you are not frustrated, overwhelmed and yeah, at times, truly depressed and having difficulty connecting with this child, then I'd like to suggest you bottle up that patience and sell some to me. ^_^

Of course this little clip is just a slice of my day - it doesn't show the whining from two toddlers, the yelling from a preschooler and a kindergartner and the occasional crying of a 2 month old. On top of the grinding. Perhaps if you could immerse yourself in the sounds of my world you would more easily forgive a negative blog post made some random evening and appreciate the fact that I truly am coping relatively well. And if you can't, well you're more of a superhuman than I.