Thursday, January 08, 2009

all because two people fell in love


Today marks 8 years since Matt and I said "I do!" :)

No grand wedding for us, I was 18 and he was 19, it was a dreary DC day with a constant drizzle and I was sick with the flu. We hopped the Metro to Arlington, crossed the street to the courthouse and tied the knot in true elopement fashion - the judge even asked if he was the only person who knew about it LOL!! The next day we were headed to Disney World. Pretty elegant, huh? ^_~

Now that I'm a mother myself, I do wish we had done some sort of traditional wedding for our own parents to enjoy ... though now I couldn't fathom spending so much money on that when there are so many more worthy causes in need out there. And at least we have a very interesting beginning!

I can hardly believe it has been 8 years already. Matt and I met at GWU - strangely, that first day at our dormitory, my mom and I took the elevator up to our floor with my future mother-in-law. Polite conversation was made, we turned in different directions when the doors opened... who would have thought? Nearly a decade later, five beautiful new people and two who are getting older but still going strong. Isn't Fate wonderful? ^_^

Here we are, our unsuspecting former selves.