Wednesday, August 27, 2008

praise the bridge

Praise the bridge that carried you over.
~ George Colman


We received a very generous donation today from our local Down Syndrome Information Network - we are so grateful for this gift!

We also received two huge donations of items for our yard sale! Last night we were wondering how on earth we would fit all of the items we have for sale on the few folding tables we have; well, part of one of those donations was a big folding table! And Dawson's wonderful occupational therapist completed this day of gifts with cookies and cakes for the bake sale - all adorably wrapped and ready to sell!

One thing I've learned in this process is that adoption is balm for a weary spirit. Never before have I witnessed so much incredible generosity and support - it is a daily reminder of the goodness that persists in a world that sometimes makes it all too easy to forget. Having Dawson made me confront the negativity in myself and broke down walls I'd spent years building around my heart. Adopting Emerson has truly flung it wide open.

How lucky am I? ^_^