Sunday, February 15, 2009

the nonreturnable song

I have to say how much I love Mika Antic. My most favorite poet has always been Emily Dickinson, but he certainly gives her a run for her money. :) I love them all, but this is one of my favorites.

Once you step into the world
don’t ever look back.
Don’t mess around.
Don’t change your mind.
I am also running with no return.
I will never go back.
What does old sun mean,
old paths,
old doorsill?
That is what can make you grieve.
That is what you can give your heart to.
But if you ever go back
- you must know:
that is where you stop.
And stay.

It’s as dangerous as a snake,
as dangerous as a bullet,
when inside me forever buds
and tickles me, my new beginning.
And I wanna rush into the world.
I keep my heart still.
And close my eyes.
But once I set off - I wont stop,
because I only know to rush.
I don’t know where.
I don’t know why.
I don’t know what’s hidden there.
I only know that I can’t
here, where - the moment I stretch my leg -
someone ties me,
bridles me
puts horse-shoes on me.

It’s as dangerous as lightning.
As dangerous as a bullet
when my beginning forever snoozes inside me
and tortures me.
That’s why I elope.
Run.
Search.
Create dawn when it’s night.
Let life learn from you
to speak softly and to flow.
You are such a kind of miracle
that can’t do anything little,
so, when you start - start crazy,
impatiently,
curiously…
Who knows what awaits for you there
in those fogs, far away
but even if you turn to gold,
or you pay a high, bitter price for all of it
just always go forward.

Never go back.