Monday, March 16, 2009

feet dragging

The meaning of good and bad, of better and worse, is simply
helping or hurting.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson


The Ministry officials still have not sent Emerson's paperwork back to the Social Work Center.

It is becoming clear to me that the individual responsible for past delays, including the complete halt to adoptions last November, is also responsible for the current ones. Whether this person has an "issue" with adoptions of children with special needs, or specifically Down syndrome, or with Americans, I don't know.

Our facilitator is going to be meeting soon with the wonderful person who reversed the halt last year in hopes of moving Em's adoption along and also safeguarding the adoptions of the other children.

I have a lot of words in me right now, and I know my blog is private, but I will hold them in for the moment. Our Emerson is still in the hospital, I don't have many details and honestly I fear asking for them - what tests can take weeks? Is she beginning that inevitable fall into congestive heart failure? I don't know.

I can only hope my little girl makes it one way or the other.

I am editing myself here LOL.
Perhaps it's just time to start working on one of those books I carry around in my heart. I used to be pretty good with words, maybe that is the best gift I have for these children. At some point you must stop being politely quiet and start lending these little ones a voice.