Sunday, March 01, 2009

this month?

"March is the month of expectation,
The things we do not know."

- Emily Dickinson


March.

I haven't much to say these days, words seem to fail me as I sit on the edge of my seat, white-knuckled, wide-eyed, wondering if our time is coming or if it ever will at all. Harsh ticking of the clock in the background, slowing like it's time to change the batteries.

I've been checking airfare prices for the past 6 months. I had the airport codes memorized ages ago LOL. Those prices are, understandably, starting to creep up by several hundred dollars. I don't look very much anymore; I figure I'll only worry on an as-needed basis. ^_^ Getting out into mid April may find us doing a lot of praying and making a very tough decision. For now I'm just taking it day by day, patiently, patiently.

And still life goes on, appointments are scheduled, plans are made. Kindergarten registration, parent orientation, pediatrician visits, Macy's speech evaluation. Always made with a brief thought of what if we're--? quickly stopped by the reality that we just don't know and chances are good we'll still be here, waiting.

We just keep hoping. And I admit, I'd love to reschedule some appointments. :)