Sunday, March 22, 2009

forgetfulness

Yesterday was World Down Syndrome Day. I admit I completely forgot what date it was, let alone the special significance of that date. I normally would do something special, make a montage, write some overly wordy post LOL... I just don't have much heart for those sorts of things these days. Anyway, Happy Belated World Down Syndrome Day.

I can't describe how sad I am lately. I feel like I'm being brought full circle, back to the person I was before Dawson, before Down syndrome... the angry, bitter person convinced the world would never change. Maybe I'm just being brought back down to earth a bit - there are good people out there but there are bad too, ones that will never change, no matter what pretty words are thrown their way. I wanted to forget that forever. I don't seem to get what I want much anymore. ^_^

"Most people give up just when they're about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game, one foot from a winning touch down."
- Ross Perot

I'm there. Not quite remembering which play I'm supposed to make to get that touchdown.