Friday, November 07, 2008

good news...sort of

I am not sure if this is good news exactly... it is not as good as it could be I suppose, but it is progress made at any rate.

The problem with Emerson's paperwork has been resolved. It involved her maternal grandmother wanting to visit her before the adoption (which is wonderful!) and some misunderstandings surrounding that request. The Social Work Center cleared that up with the grandmother yesterday and they expect to inform the Ministry next week. At that point, Emerson will be ready to be put into the Central Registry and from there we can receive a travel date.

Now the question is... will they get her into the Central Registry quickly enough that we can receive a date for this year? As I said before, the last possible date we can meet with the officials this year is December 10 and we need about a 2 week notice so we would have to have that date by November 28. We would miss Dawson's 1st birthday :( but it is still a small sacrifice that is worth it.

I am not sure how I feel... I think perhaps because we are almost halfway through November I recognize that waiting until January is not that long of a wait anymore. I am trying not to focus on her heart issues right now and just focus on getting her home. I am not sure if it's foolish or not, but I am very hopeful that 3 weeks is enough time for the Center to do their part and the Ministry to give us a December date.

One thing I do know is that she is in the care of people that love her, now including her grandma and of course, a certain wonderful facilitator. :)

Keep hoping for us!