Saturday, November 22, 2008

when it is darkest

men see the stars.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


Okay. I am sad that Emerson will not be here for Christmas (barring some miracle!) and I am still worried about her. But I am calm remembering there have been many bumps in this road. It seems at every stage there has been something new to worry me, something new to cry over. Getting the right number of references for the home study, finding a good surgeon who would actually speak to us, coming up with the exact amount of money... and every single thing has been overcome, even though at times it seemed impossible. It wasn't. I just didn't know that yet.

So I know now this too will be resolved and one day we will hold that little girl and look back and shake our heads at how upset we were over this little bump. I don't know when that will be, but we will wait as long as we need to. ^_^