Sunday, November 30, 2008

life's tough


(She looks like she's thinking - "Sorry, Mom, life's tough. Deal with it!" Hehe!)

Now that our long and busy holiday/birthday party weekend has wound down into a lazy Sunday, I cannot help but think of Emerson. Some days I feel filled with hope and patience, others I stand in front of her pictures on the refrigerator and my hope dissolves into a frown and a sigh. I know I will be patient since patience for an unknown day of holding her in my arms is far easier to bear than the grief I would feel of never getting to hold her at all. But some days I guess I feel I can overcome the uncertainty and other days ... not so much.

Will it be late January? February? March? April? May? Not at all? We just don't know yet. I know I will be loving and missing that beautiful girl every minute until then though! ^_^

If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.
- Claudia Ghandi