Tuesday, December 30, 2008

back again so soon?


Haha, what was that - less than 24 hours!

Sorry for my last grumpy post. I am not a whiny person by nature, it just takes me a little time to adjust. ^_~ I don't think I ever posted the pic above, it was from a couple months ago - the signs say "We love you Emerson" but you can imagine how impossible it was to get the kids to all hold them up at the same time LOL!

So, maybe we'll travel in February. Maybe not until March. Hey, maybe even April or May! But as long as Emerson's heart stays strong, that's okay with us. I went back and reread my post from Thanksgiving, because the quote I posted then is one I need to read more often.

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow."
- Melody Beattie


A little over a month ago we weren't sure if we'd ever hold Emerson in our arms. And although until we do that possibility remains simply because of her heart condition, the fact is that we now have chances in our favor again. And for that, I am grateful, and I will be happy knowing that.

We love her so much and we cannot wait to see her - but that saying is ironic isn't it? ... because we love her so much, we CAN wait. :)