Thursday, December 11, 2008

pinch me!

Last night I found myself unable to sleep. I was awake until about 3:30 when I finally drifted off, having spent the last 4 hours trying to think happy thoughts for something that was to come at 4:00 EST in Belgrade.

Our facilitator had an important meeting.

And all of the hard work she has been doing worked a miracle - the Ministry has been instructed by some wonderful person I might never know but to whom we will forever be grateful,
to complete Emerson's adoption!!!

I must be dreaming, so please somebody pinch me! ^_^

We still must be patient for her to be put into the Central Registry, and not sure of when we might hope to travel, but I feel like I can breathe again, like I can start looking forward to the next step in this great adventure - healing that little heart so she can spend a very, very long time with this family that loves her so much.

Thank you so much for all of the prayers and thoughts and emails and encouragement! I do not know the news for the other families waiting, but please continue to think and pray for them, that we can all bring our little ones home soon!

I don't think I can ever fully express our gratitude to our wonderful facilitator, I know she has put her entire heart into these children. She has a part of mine forever.

If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice.
~ Meister Eckhart


* Update * - the other 2 families waiting for travel dates will also be able to complete their adoptions soon! Ah, that makes my joy that much sweeter! What a day!