Wednesday, July 09, 2008

3 week hiatus

Well we managed to get out to the county clerk in Owego tonight and had all of the dossier documents certified. So we now need the following things to completely complete our dossier: my apostilled birth certificate, our apostilled marriage certificate (hopefully we get both of those back by next week!), our I-171H and apostilles for the remaining documents. We are doing our USCIS fingerprinting on Friday morning. I'm going to foolishly hope that we will have our approval in the next 3 weeks. If not, 5 would be good. Can you believe it's only been 6 weeks since we started this process? And we're already near the end!

Matt has July 30th off already from work so we plan to travel to Albany then. Which means after moving like lightning in this process I now have to sit on my hands for the next 3 weeks. Blech. I debated just mailing in everything to Albany - we did cover letters for everything so if they did lose it although it would be annoying we wouldn't have to lose any original documents - but the fact is that by the time they get it, do it and send it back it will probably be the 30th anyways. So I might as well keep this baby in my possession heh! ^_~

I know I have plenty to do in the meantime... picking through 7 years worth of accumulated stuff to organize a huge yard sale/bake sale, for one. But paperwork is so much more fun. Said the Geek. :)