Saturday, May 23, 2009

day eleven

Although the strap on my very favorite purse (and the only one I have here!) broke on the way home from the orphanage, overall it was a much better morning - I think Emerson is finally over the chicken pox as she had no fever at all, her skin would be clear if she stopped reopening the tiny scabs with her sharp little fingernails LOL, and she was so happy and energetic until her usual meltdown time around 11 am when she was ready for a nap.

We've been talking with a few families who have come before and we feel pretty sure we can get her visa the same day we do the exam/interview so I feel more confident that as long as we complete the ceremony on Tuesday we will still be able to go home next Saturday - I'm cautious but more optimistic.

And although (as luck would have it) Matt's manager is out of the office next week, he was able to get ahold of her boss and she is taking care of his FMLA - so no missing paycheck!

Tomorrow we are going to take a tour of the Royal Palaces, one of the things I most wanted to see here, and Monday night we are going to a concert of choir music - hopefully our last night without a child to keep us happily busy! :)